- NORTH BENGAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT (Govt. of West Bengal) and AGRANI SANGHA are jointly organizing the “SILIGURI MARATHON 2016”. This event is part of UTTAR BANGA UTSAB and the event managed by KALEIDOSCOPE.
- The Halfl Marathon measures 21 kms. and respects the rules for road races as per the national requirements outlined by the Athletic Federation of India (AFI). The course will be measured according to the regulations defined by the Association of International Marathons and Road Races (AIMS). The Mini Marathon measures 8 Kms. and the Dream Run measures 4 Kms.
- The race is open to all athletes of Indian nationality. The competitors must be 18 years or above for Half Marathon, 15 years and above for the Mini Marathon and 12 years and above for Dream Run. You are reminded that inspections will be carried out during the race to ensure the regulations of the race are respected. It is especially pointed out that runners compete in the race under their own responsibility.
- Half Marathon is only for the male competitors.
- Participation in Mini Marathon and Dream Run is reserved for candidates from seven district of North-Bengal only.
- Free food and lodging arrangement will be provided only for the participants of Half Marathon on 9th & 10th January 2016.
- Each entry is considered as non-transferable and final and implies full acceptance of the rules. No refund will be made whatever the reasons. No registration transfer will be allowed, whatever the reasons. Any person passing his Chest no. to a third party will be held responsible in case of an accident arising or provoked by this third party during the competition. The organization is exempt from all responsibility in case of an accident in this type of situation.
- Candidates for Half Marathon must report the Siliguri Marathon Village on 9th January 2016 upto 12 noon. After medical Checkup by a medical team set by the organizer, chest numbers will be issued to qualified candidates. Mini Marathon and Dream Run Chest no.s can be collected from Siliguri Marathon City Office at AGRANI SANGHA, N.J.P. STATION ROAD, SILIGURI from 25th December 2015 to 8th January 2016 between 10 to 5 pm. Chest no. will be available on presentation of confirmation of each registration. Chest no. must be fully legible during the whole race. Chest no. cannot be mailed and cannot be collected on Sunday, 10th January 2016.
- The official jury is composed of a Siliguri Marathon judge whose decision is final. He is assisted by official race judges and race stewards appointed by the Siliguri Marathon Committee. Refreshment posts will be located at an interval of 5 Kms and water and sponges post will be located at every 2.5 kms till the finish line. Timings will be shown at the finish line. Competitors will be permitted up to 2 hrs for completion of the course for HALF MARATHON and 1 hr for the MINI MARATHON & DREAM RUN. After the "end of race" vehicle has passed, competitors should thereafter respect the Siliguri Traffic Code.
- Road safety is under control of the police department; medical services are provided by voluntary organization, the first one being 10 km after the departure, and the other every 10 km. They are able to stop any competitor for medical reasons.
- The race participants expressly and exclusively grant to Agrani Sangha & Kaleidoscope the irrevocable right to use a participant’s name, likeness, biography, factually or otherwise in connection with the production, the distribution and exploitation of the pictures related to the Marathon, worldwide in any and all devices, media whatsoever, now known or hereafter known, for the entire life of the Siliguri Marathon.
- Participants must follow the instructions given by the race course personnel. Private escort of participants on bicycles and otherwise is not allowed. Any deviation from the set course is prohibited. Final decisions regarding disqualifications will be made by the technical race directors of the organizing committee.
- All participants enter the race at their own risk. If a registered runner does not compete in the race, the entry fee will be forfeited and will not be reimbursed by the organizers. If the race cannot be carried out or can be carried out only partially due to force majeure participants will not be reimbursed for the entry.
- Participants interested for insurance facilities, including accident insurance can do at their own. The organisers are not liable to held responsible for any injury or even death that may happen due to the participation in the event.
- All runners that cross the finish line within the time limit will receive a Siliguri Marathon finisher Certificate.
- Bare foot running is not allowed.
- The interpretation of the rules and regulations is at the organizers discretion.
- Any disputes hereunder will be settled before the Siliguri Court of Law.
You can wear your T-shirt that carries the logo of your concern and run with a slogan in your T-Shirt or you can carry a Placard or Banner which should be visible properly that highlights a social cause.
- Half Marathon : Rs. 100 /-
- Mini Marathon : Rs. 30/-
- Dream Run : Rs. 10 /-
- Senior Citizen and Differently abled : FREE