- NORTH BENGAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT (Govt. of West Bengal) and AGRANI SANGHA are jointly organizing the "SILIGURI MARATHON 2014" and the event managed by KALEIDOSCOPE. The 4th Siliguri Marathon will be on Thursday, 23rd January 2014.
- The Full Marathon measures 26 miles 385 yards (42.195 kms) and respects the rules for road races as per the national requirements outlined by the Athletic Federation of India (AFI). The course will be measured according to the regulations defined by the Association of International Marathons and Road Races (AIMS). The Mini Marathon measures 8 Kms. and the Dream Run measures 5 Kms.
- The race is open to all athletes of Indian nationality. The competitors must be 21 years or above for Full Marathon and 12 years and above for Mini Marathon and Dream Run. You are reminded that inspections will be carried out during the race to ensure the regulations of the race are respected. It is especially pointed out that runners compete in the race under their own responsibility.
- Full Marathon is only for the male competitors.
- Participation in Mini Marathon & Dream Run is reserved for candidates from Six districts of North-Bengal only.
- Free food and lodging arrangement will be provided only for the participants of Full Marathon form 21st to 23rd January 2014.
- Each entry is considered as non transferable and final and implies full acceptance of the rules. No refund will be made whatever the reasons. No registration transfer will be allowed, whatever the reasons. Any person passing his chest no. to a third party will be held responsible in case of an accident arising or provoked by his third party during the competition. The organization is exempt from all responsibility in case of an accident in this type of situation.
- Registration will be close on 22nd January 12 noon, 2014 or when the maximum field of 10,000 participants has been reached, whichever comes first. Refunds, name transfers of deferments are not permitted. Siliguri Marathon does not endorse the selling or trading of Chest Numbers and will take action to prevent any such transaction. If Event Officials become aware of an individual involved with the selling or buying of a Registered Chest. Number the individuals involved may be banned from participating in future Siliguri Marathons events.
- Candidates for Full Marathon must report the Siliguri Marathon Village on 21st January and 22nd January 2014 upto 12 noon. After medical Checkup by a medical team set by the organizer, chest numbers will be issued to qualified candidates. Mini Marathon and Dream Run Chest no.s can be collected from Siliguri Marathon City Office/Agrani Sangha Club premises, from 15th January to 22nd January 2014 between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Chest no. will be available on presentation of confirmation of each registration. Chest no. must be fully legible during the whole race. Chest no. cannot be mailed and cannot be collected on Wednesday, 23rd January 2014.
- The official jury is composed of a Siliguri Marathon judge whose decision is final. He is assisted by official race judges and race stewards appointed by the Siliguri Marathon Committee. Refreshment posts will be located at an interval of 5 Kms and water and sponges post will be located at every 2.5 kms till the finish line. Timings will be shown at the finish line. Competitors will be permitted up to 4hrs for completion of the course for FULL MARATHON and 1hr for the MINI MARATHON & DREAM RUN. After the "end of race" vehicle has passed, competitors should thereafter respect the Siliguri Traffic Code.
- Road safety is under control of the police department; medical services are provided by voluntary organization, the first one being 10 km after the departure, and the other every 10 km. They are able to stop any competitor for medical reasons.
- The race participants expressly and exclusively grant to Agrani Sangha & Kaleidoscope the irrevocable right to use a participant's name, likeness, biography, factually or otherwise in connection with the production, the distribution and exploitation of the pictures related to the Marathon, worldwide in any and all devices, media whatsoever, now known or hereafter known, for the entire life of the Siliguri Marathon.
- Participants must follow the instructions given by the race course personnel. Private escort of participants on bicycles and otherwise is not allowed. Any deviation from the set course is prohibited. Final decisions regarding disqualifications will be made by the technical race directors of the organizing committee.
- All participants enter the race at their own risk. If a registered runner does not compete in the race, the entry fee will be forfeited and will not be reimbursed by the organizers. If the race cannot be carried out or can be carried out only partially due to force majeure participants will not be reimbursed for the entry.
- Participants interested for insurance facilities, including accident insurance can do at their own. The organisers are not liable to held responsible for any injury or even death that may happen due to the participation in the event.
- All runners that cross the finish line within the time limit will receive a Siliguri Marathon finisher Certificate.
- Entry Fees: FULL MARATHON- Rs. 100/-, Mini Marathon & Dream Run Rs. 10/- only. Senior Citizen and Physically challenged – free.
- All payments will be by cash at the registration counters or by Demand Draft in favour of "Siliguri Marathon" payable at Siliguri. Multiple entries in a single draft is accepted.
- Bare foot running is not allowed.
- The interpretation of the rules and regulations is at the organizers discretion.
- Any disputes hereunder will be settled before the Siliguri Court of Law.
You can wear your T-shirt that carries the logo of your concern and run with a slogan in your TShirt
or you can carry a Placard or Banner which should be visible properly that highlights a social
Please read the information below before clicking on the registration link at the bottom of this page.
- Registration for Siliguri Marathon 2013 can be done either by collecting form from the collection centres or visiting http://www.siligurimarathon.com/registration.php.
- Registration over the phone or fax will NOT be accepted.
- There will be NO race day Marathon Packet Pick-Up.
upon receipt of your entry we will confirm you by email / snail mail / telephone (only full marathon).
- Registration (both online and offline) will close on February 2nd, 2013 or when the maximum field of 10,000 participants has been reached, whichever comes first.
- Refunds, name transfers or deferments are not permitted.
- The Siliguri Marathon does not endorse the selling or trading of Chest no. Numbers and will take action to prevent any such transaction. If Event Officials become aware of an individual involved with the selling or buying of a Registered Chest no. Number the individuals involved may be banned from participating in future Siliguri Marathon events.
- For FULL MARATHON you MUST be 21 years or older and for DREAM RUN you must be 12+ as on race day, February 3rd, 2013, to register.
- DREAM Run participants who are below 18 years of age, you MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign the Entry Form in order to participate.
- All participants must begin the Marathon during the Official Start and complete the Full Marathon Course within 5 hours and the Dream Run Course within 1 hour of the Office Start Time.
- All Finish Area facilities close at 1:30 p.m. (IST).
- Senior's Discount (age 60 and older): FREE
A favourable starting position will be available to all qualifying Marathon entrants, the Competitive Position.
If you have completed a marathon since January 1, 2012 in a time faster than listed below and submit proof to The Siliguri Marathon Office of your time, you will be considered for a Competitive Start.
Marathon Qualifying Time
Competitive Starting Position is limited and not guaranteed.
Note: The Siliguri Marathon 2013 does not require a qualifying time, however, the course closes after 4 hours.
Refunds, name transfers or deferments are not permitted. Your registration is not complete until the payment is received along with the registration form duly filled & signed and you receive a confirmation from us.
After you have read the instructions, please complete and submit your application. You may either download the registration form from http://www.siligurimarathon.com/registration.php or collect from any of our registration counters.
Entries received by February 2nd, 2013 will receive a confirmation by email / snail mail / phone, with your name, address, division, sex and chest no. number.
Please contact the Siliguri Marathon office at +91 353 2692683, for further information.
Siliguri Marathon reserves the right to reject any entry and to disqualify and bar any individual from the race. This rejection/disqualification may be based on, but is not limited to: non-payment of race fees; competing with an unofficial number; competing with an official number or chip assigned to another competitor; transferring or attempting to transfer an official number or chip to another person; crossing the finish line without having completed the entire course; and providing false information on race entry forms. Siliguri Marathon organizers reserve the right to change the details of the race.